Saturday 24 November 2012

Happy Slapsgiving!

Hello!

So what's happened since last week? Well I went and had Thanksgiving in Maryland with Lauren and her family and spent a few hours in Washington DC which was fantastic! It was great to escape the Disney bubble even if it was for just 72 hours. I came back refreshed and ready to finish the next 6 weeks of my program. Yes that's all that is left just 6 weeks.

While I was in DC I did all the touristy things :
  • I went to the Capitol 
  • 2 Smithsonians 
  • The Washington Monument 
  • The Lincoln Memorial 
  • The Reflection Pool 
  • The White House
  • FBI Headquarters
And they were all fantatsic. Lauren and I then went out to dinner at TGIFridays before we headed back to her house and slept. We woke up the next morning and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV, before we jumped in the van and headed over to her Aunts house for Thanksgiving. While there I experienced a traditional Thanksgiving with Turkey and all the trimmings and then lots of pie. Americans sure know how to throw a feast! After that we sat down watched some football before we headed back to Laurens where we watched the Slapsgiving episode from How I Met Your Mother and then it was off to bed again. The next morning it was unfortunatly time for me to head back home, but not before a small amount of Black Friday shopping. It wasnt as crazy as I had heard it would be which was fantastic considering people get trampled on Black Friday and some even die. :/ EEP.

That is really all that happened this week, I shall leave you with some photos of my vacation.

Until next time,
Stay Magical
xx


The Capitol 

Monument in the background 

Star Spangled Banner 

Smithsonian 

Washington Monument 

Lincoln Memorial 

Washington Monument from Lincoln Memorial

Taking it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment