Saturday 3 November 2012

Hello November.

Hello.

Wow I feel like I haven't stopped typing to you lately. I guess that's what happens when you have a busy month like I did. So it didn't really stop, it was Halloween, and I carved my first ever pumpkin and celebrated the holiday in America, where it is really, really celebrated. I carved Peter Pan into my pumpkin and it turned out fantastic, I was really surprised, and then before I knew it it was the first of November. Whelp. Where has time gone? It feel like yesterday I wrote my first post saying I had landed in the USA.

Moving on from Halloween, I came down with a sore throat on Sunday so I started cold and flu tablets, hot tea with honey, advil, hot soup, water - the whole works. It wasn't getting better and I spent 3 days at home off in bed, I went to work yesterday and was informed that someone had actually gotten Strep throat. I started freaking out, so this morning I finally caved and after 44 weeks and 2 bouts of tonsillitis, I finally went to a doctor. $106 and a confirmed case of Strep I was out of there. There was a bright side to this story though, I knew the medication she put me on and I got it free from the Publix Pharmacy down the road. So I'm now on anti-biotics for the next 10 days, still highly contagious until roughly 11am tomorrow morning when they finally start to kick in, hooray!

Aside from that, nothing else had happened, but it has only been like 2 days since we last spoke. So with only 8 weeks left I have 5 major milestones left in my stay:
  • Thanksgiving with Lauren 
  • Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party
  • Graduation 
  • Christmas
  • New Years 
Not long to go now until I'm on a big jet plane flying back to Australia. I'm getting excited, and nervous at the same time, I mean I can fly short journeys by myself, but I'm not sure how I'm going to go for 20ish hours, but we shall see.

Until next time,
Stay Magical
xx

My pumpkin! 

I think he looks pretty good here. 

It's just like connect the dots!  

Got to have a pretty topper. 

Time to pull out the insides. :/ 

All done!!

Peter's flying over the castle! 

My Peter Pan Pumpkin and I


Pumpkin Patch of 4302

No comments:

Post a Comment